26 June 2007

A Little Piece of Quiet

It's Tuesday afternoon, my second day off in a row after working several, including a long, long weekend. Birdy is asleep in her crib although I'd love to be holding her right now. Hammer Guy did a stellar job with the kids while I worked this weekend, but now that I've been home with Birdy for two days, tomorrow will be like coming back from maternity leave all over again. I've enjoyed these two days enormously. Yesterday Bird and I spent a lovely hour and a half at Target and then spent the rest of the day cuddling and playing -- she's so interactive now and has the most adorable smile. Today we shopped for groceries on the computer (http://www.shop.lundandbyerlys.com/) and had two visitors.


My new friend Amy came over today with her five-week-old son. She is on maternity leave from the grocery store where I buy most of my natural food items, which is where we met. She then started shopping at the Baby Store and we've since become friends. We have a lot of the same ideas on baby raising and food and we both love to cook, so yay for new friends! Then my friend Kimberly who happens to also be my chiropractor brought me Caribou Coffee --now there's a good friend. I love coffee.


Going back to work hasn't been too horrible but I would prefer to be at home with my kids, writing my books and keeping up with the laundry.


Here are some recent photos:

Frog and Birdy are Friends

Birdy in the Bouncer


Bird and Toad

No comments: