30 June 2008

Just Float

There comes a time in your life that you have to let go and just trust that you will float... or that your feet will touch the bottom. I think it must be scary sometimes to be a five-year-old and not know what's ahead of you, especially when your imagination runs wild. It's scary sometimes to be a thirty-five-year-old, for that matter. Sometimes you just have to float, and know that you'll make it somehow.


Toad on the ropes



Life and housework has a funny way of catching up with a person. So far my list of housecleaning related accomplishments for my vacation, now four days old, is great; however, the house still looks cluttered and trashed. I've got a lot on my mind these days, so it's been good having an endless to-do list to keep me busy. Tomorrow will be my first "kidless" day, so in between a quick trip to the grocery store after drop-off and a pedicure with Lena in the afternoon (I know, shocking! I'm going to let someone touch my feet!) I hope to blitz the remainder of my list: Toad's room is done except for dusting the blinds and cleaning out the window sill; Birdy's room and our room and the upstairs bathroom need attention; the living room is mostly done; the kitchen and my office need some major work! That will be my main focus tomorrow -- and then on Wednesday, after all my hard work, I'm going to treat myself to a day of scrappy happy with my sister.

Ooh, guess what.... we've progressed to the point of painting in the basement! Tonight HG and I painted our first coat of Yukon Gold in the hall and one of the main room walls. It's absolutely divine! I can't wait to get Braided Raffia on the remainder of the walls! Pictures will soon follow.

Thanks to JT for the great photo above of our little swimmer.

No comments: