21 February 2007

The First Coat


The first coat of Olive Sprig is on -- much thanks to Lena for all her help and expertise! Hammer Guy is planning to finish the room Thursday and hopefully we'll be able to build the crib and move everything else back in on Friday night. Toad and his new buddy Ryley had a great time playing and we're looking forward to spending more play dates with them after I go on maternity leave.

The weekend was a busy one -- Grandma and Grandpa A were in town briefly and HG and his dad did a big Menards run. The progress in the basement is slow but should pick up when I'm not working weekends. This weekend at work was tough for me and even after having Monday and Tuesday off, I'm still in pretty rough shape with lots of back and hip pain.

Tuesday I kept Toad home from school and I took him to get his hair cut and to Target in the morning. We spent the rest of the day visiting at Grandma B's house with Grandma and two of Toad's aunties. Aunt M gave Toad lots of fun stuff.

Today is my 36-week appt. The bag is packed.

1 comment:

pdxkatie said...

36 weeks! How exciting! I had E at 37 weeks which I think is perfect timing - you don't have to wallow for weeks with a little pair of feet in your ribs! Best of luck! I can't wait to hear the news.