14 February 2007

A Book Picnic, Babe, and Valentine's Day

Highlights of the week:

Friday night while HG built the baby's dresser, Toad and I sat in the hallway outside the baby's room and read books. Lots and lots of books. We called it our "Book Picnic" (complete with a pretend lunchbox with chocolate chip cookies) and read for about an hour and a half. It was so fun and Toad is looking forward to more Picnics of this nature.

Sunday I was off and Toad finally agreed to watch Babe! I've been trying to get him to watch it for months and Sunday was the day! And of course he loved it! Who doesn't love Babe! He now wants to watch it every day.

Today is Toad's Valentine's party at school. Thank goodness we started working on his Valentine's box in January (HG thought I was crazy) but I've had so much going on in the last three weeks or so -- I didn't want to be up late last night putting the finishing touches on the box, and it all worked out as planned. The classroom was total chaos when I dropped him off this morning and I'm so glad I didn't volunteer to help. There's no way I'd have the energy for 25 little munchkins with sugar highs.



I have an appointment with my midwife today before work. I'm almost to 36 weeks, so the time has come to get serious. Monday my friend Lena is coming over with her son for a play date -- for the boys and for us as we paint the Baby room (Lena loves to paint). After Grandma and Grandpa A visit this weekend we're going to take down the bed and clear out the room -- then the baby furniture will go in after we paint. Tomorrow I'm packing my bag.... a big step toward facing reality.

1 comment:

Jbird said...

Just so you know...
That is the cutest Valentine's Day box I've ever seen!
Nice work.