21 December 2006

Teacher Gifts and Other Delights


I've been feeling pretty crafty lately and have made several trips to Archiver's in the last few weeks. In addition to the cute sparkly button star ornaments I made for Toad's teachers, I made pastel button tree ornaments for the eight supervisors at work. Tomorrow night Toad and I will be working on his very own star, which he is going to paint red.

This past weekend Hammer Guy's parents visited. We took them to see a Christmas Carol at the new Guthrie for their anniversary. The building is sleek and modern and I found it to be a bit cold and uninviting compared to the old theater, and don't get me started about the parking fiasco. Once I got inside the thrust performance hall, though, it felt more familiar. I guess I'm a bit sentimental about it. The play was wonderful -- HG and I saw it last in 1999.

Toad and Grandma A made cookies on Saturday while I worked on the tree ornaments. Toad's were more like flour-y crumbs and he had a great time! Grandma and Grandpa A will be coming back this weekend for Christmas and there is cookie dough in the freezer for more fun!

No comments: