11 December 2006

Sick Day and Other Events

Toad had a sick day on Monday. It was my scheduled day off, so I had a big list of chores, but Toad was up in the night with a very croupy cough and he's got a nasty runny nose. So we watched a lot of Christmas movies and even though I tried to get a few things done, mostly we just rested together, which was good for me, too, since I've been feeling a bit under the weather as well.

Going back to work was hard, both physically and mentally. I worked six days in a row without a day off and am looking forward to having next weekend off, with a visit from Hammer Guy's parents.

Last Thursday night was Toad's holiday program. It started off kind of wonky.... he was right in the front row of his class of almost 3 to 5 year olds and before they sang the first song, he picked his nose and... well, you get the rest. I shook my head no to him and it looked like he was about to cry, but he recovered as soon as they started singing. Thank goodness -- last year he wouldn't stay with the group and ended up on my lap the entire program. This year he got to wear the Santa hat for "He'll be coming down the chimney." He was wonderful and participated in the entire program and then got to chat with Santa a bit after.


Toad and I dipped pretzels the other day and sprinkled them for a bit of extra holiday flair. He was very interested in shaking the little jar of sprinkles and stated, "It makes a lovely sound." Oh, how I love that boy!

No comments: