04 December 2006

Back to Reality

Tomorrow, we take another step forward as I return to the store after a three-week absence. November was terribly unreal, but we have been working to get our family routine back on track these last few days. HG returned to work and Toad returned to school after Dad's funeral but then we had a planned week of vacation, during which time we visited Wisconsin and got to meet Toad's new cousin, Rachel. We then spent a few days working around the house and preparing for Christmas. And today, I have one more day to get life back to normal before I return to work -- which means more laundry, cleaning, decorating, grocery shopping, etc.

Yesterday was a very important day -- the annual Lions Pancake Breakfast with visit to Santa Claus. It was hard for HG and me because this was one of my Dad's favorite Lions activities -- I used to come home from college for Pancake Breakfast Weekend, and since HG joined the Lions, and especially since we've had Toad, we've never missed it. I wasn't sure that I wanted to go this year, but Dad's brother Bud and his wife De were there as well as our very good friends Dana and Geoff with their two boys. And Toad was completely obsessed with Santa, of course. So it turned out to be a happy event after all, even with the absence of our wonderful Dad and Grandpa.

Here are a few pictures of some of our recent activities:



Interior and exterior views of the Votive Chapel at the

Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in La Crosse, Wisconsin.

Frog and Toad

No comments: