29 July 2008

We Made the Jump to Lightspeed

Last week was pure insanity at work -- and this week is just a continuation of it. I've been thoroughly enjoying my days off, including today. Last Friday HG and I took the day off and we took Toad to the Science Museum to see the Star Wars exhibit. Very cool. I haven't downloaded the pictures yet but I'll include a few from the website. Toad's favorite parts were riding in the Millenium Falcon (I had hoped for battles and asteroid fields, but it was a tour of space narrated by C-3PO. I thought it was sort of lame but Toad thought it was "awesome!") and buying a costume at the store. No surprise that he has changed his mind about his Halloween costume this year. He will of course be Darth Vader -- and we picked up a Yoda costume for Birdy. So far she's only let me put the funny ears on her.



Saturday my nephew, who is Toad's godfather, got married. He and his lovely bride are living in California now and we miss them. The afternoon was a blur of chasing after children. I did not take one single picture but will get some from my sisters to post later. We didn't even get to stay for cake since Toad was misbehaving and it was way past bedtime!

Today Toad skipped school in the morning and after a quick trip to work, Toad and Birdy and I stopped into the KOA where the Connecticut cousins are staying in their RV for three weeks. This year they have Jake and Bob with them, the dog and cat. We had lunch at Grandma's and now Toad is at school for the Art Lady and Birdy is sleeping. Thank goodness for the quiet!

Hopefully I will post some real pictures soon!

No comments: