27 September 2006

I Am Spartacus

It's been ten years since my favorite movie of the 9os came out. I saw That Thing You Do! with T on a rainy Friday night in fall and I wanted to get back in line and watch it again. Those days of Monday through Friday office jobs and Applebee's appetizer samplers are long gone, but the memories are sweet, aren't they? I love this movie. Plain and simple, it makes me happy. Table 19, your pizza is ready.

We had an amazing family gathering at our house over the weekend to celebrate four September birthdays, including my dad's and Hammer Guy's. The food and beer were delicious, the company was great. Of the entire family, only five were missing, although Sue was able to fly home from Connecticut for the event, which was marvelous. Two days later I hosted a smallish Pampered Chef Kitchen Show, which was also a lot of fun. I think I'm done entertaining for a while, though.

We're looking forward to Hammer Guy's birthday (tomorrow) and our fifth anniversary with our annual weekend get-away. We need the time to relax and recharge.

No comments: