29 October 2009

A Fabulous Fall

The Broken Foot has put a slight damper on our fall festivities.

About 10 days after my fall, I returned to the doctor because of the extreme pain I was experiencing. Turns out, I sprained my foot in addition to breaking it in two places. It's the chicken vs. the egg -- not sure if I sprained it when I fell (more likely) or if I sprained it sometime after.

Life goes on and we're still adjusting to this new, slower pace. Except the pace hasn't slowed much. I am still a mom, and there are still two cute little padawans who need my help. We've had some rough days and we've had some terrific days. There will be no trip to the Pumpkin Patch this year, and the kids will be trick-or-treating with friends in a different neighborhood so I don't have to give out candy. The house is a mess, but somehow the laundry gets done and the groceries magically appear in the pantry.

We were lucky enough to still be able to enjoy our annual North Shore vacation, even with my bad foot. Grandma and Grandpa A. watched the kids last weekend while Hammer Guy and I visited Duluth, Two Harbors, and Grand Marais. The weather was so-so: rain and snow in Duluth on Friday and Sunday, but Saturday was an absolutely gorgeous day, so beautiful that we made an unplanned trip to Grand Marais. We went to Betsy Bowen's studio and purchased another chickadee woodcut print, the third in our collection. Grand Marais was definitely the highlight of the trip.

We're looking forward to the weekend and lots of Halloween fun!

Hammer Guy at Fitger's Brewhouse, with a growler of XXX ESB


At Fitger's Brewhouse, after enjoying a Pub Style Wild Rice Burger & onion rings


Sampler


One of my favorite bookstores, Drury Lane Books in Grand Marais


Betsy Bowen's Studio, Grand Marais


Our Chickadee Collection

No comments: