04 September 2008

Today

Today was one of those days:

*Sometime between last night and this morning, Birdy got sick in her bed and down the side.
*Lemon, who is still recovering from the surgery to remove a cancerous tumor on her hind leg, decided to lick it up off the carpet.
*I've had a headache all day.... let the kids watch TV on a school night, which is against my own rule.
*Toad was not a good listener tonight. I yelled. A lot.
*Tired of hair hanging in Birdy's eyes, I made the big mistake of cutting her bangs. I should have left it to a professional, or someone with a steadier hand. Things were going quite well until she suddenly jerked and the shears (at least I wasn't using regular scissors) slipped and, well, let's just say she has uneven micro-bangs. I'm hoping they'll grow out soon. Like maybe before we need to have pictures taken for our holiday card. Sigh.
*It's 7:10 pm, Hammer Guy is at class, I have mountains of laundry left to do, and the kitchen is a mess. I can't wait for this day to be over!

1 comment:

Jbird said...

Hope Friday is better. You are right, we all have those days when bedtime can't come soon enough=) Hang in there.