25 February 2008

Toad Gets a Lesson and Other Topics

Ms. K and Toad




Monday was the end of a rare three-day weekend. Birdy has been crabby with her teething and ear problems, and Monday, when it was just the two of us, was the worst of the three days. But I still loved my time home with my family -- and tonight I received a call from Birdy's daycare provider -- her daughter has pink eye so I won't be going in to work until 4 o'clock tomorrow. It's almost like getting another day off!

The Oscars -- I still love watching them even though I hardly see any movies anymore. The last movie I saw in the theater was Cars in 2006. Pathetic. I used to make a point to watch all five of the movies nominated for Best Picture. Huh. Then came graduate school and kids. I still love to read Entertainment Weekly, though (courtesy of Linda), and so I can read about the movies. Every once in a while we'll catch something on Pay Per View. I'm thrilled that the screenplay categories were swept by Minnesotans. Someday I'll be a writer again.


Spanish at CdB -- Tuesday mornings I teach Spanish to Toad's class for about twenty minutes. In February we learned the colors. In March we'll start learning numbers. It's so fun. It's a small group of kids and they are like little sponges. And it's so cute to hear them say words like anaranjado.

1 comment:

LisaKay said...

Two birthday parties and still nothing? No updates?