29 January 2008

Cute girl at the "pian-yo"

The kids are both doing well in their new settings. Birdy still screams for a couple of minutes when I leave her at her new daycare, but settles in and takes really good naps! I think the smaller groups of kids is beneficial in a number of ways -- we haven't had a runny nose or a cough since we switched. Toad still misses his friends, but this was the right decision and he's happy.

Biggest Loser Update: My Weight Loss partner Mags and I were the #1 team last week! I was in 6th place overall (we have 16 participants). Crazy! We'll see how well I do this week.... weigh in is Thursday.

Today Birdy and I had a lovely day off -- except for the extreme cold temperatures and wind! Yesterday we were in the 40s and were experiencing a lovely spring-like thaw.... we're frozen over again. After dropping Toad off we headed off to my work for an hour or so, then to our chiropractic adjustments, and then to our favorite place, Target. She got pretty antsy after an hour or so and then we headed over to Grandma B's. We had a nice visit complete with Cheerios, saltine crackers, and Grandma's homemade applesauce. Mmmmm mmmmm, as Birdy would say. We then looped back around for the Toad. All in all, a wonderful if bitterly cold day -- and now, at 9:48 pm, I must start the dishes, make bottles and lunches for tomorrow, fold laundry, etc. etc. Story of my life. Have I mentioned that I watch a lot of late night television?

We're looking forward to our 9th annual Super Bowl party -- it's a taco bar this year. I hate the Patriots.

No comments: