05 March 2007

Snowed In

What a week! The previous weekends' storm was just a preview of things to come. On Thursday and Friday we had a huge snowstorm, enough to keep me off the roads for three days! Toad and I had so much fun at home together. Two of the major highlights: breaking out a new Candyland game and watching Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.



Toad is a natural at Candyland. He said he'd played it at school and did seem to catch on to the rules very quickly. He lives for drawing "a guy" -- even if it means going all the way back to Plumpy. On Friday he and I played six games -- he won the first five! The graphics on the game have changed since I was a kid, but the fun has not. When I was at work on Sunday, Toad taught Hammer Guy how to play -- HG does not remember playing Candyland as a kid. Next up -- Chutes and Ladders.



I had warned Toad that there was a scary part in Willy Wonka (the psychedelic boat ride) to which he shivered in joyful anticipation -- but he wasn't bothered by it at all. He loved the movie so much we watched it twice.

We had such a great four-day weekend, but I know that Toad was thrilled to be back at school today. I have a couple of days off now and there are still a few cleaning projects that need to be done. I'm at 38 weeks and 2 days and there's not a whole lot of room for this baby. Now that the time is getting very close, I'm a bit nervous about how it's all going to work out -- hopefully my labor will start at home.

No comments: