13 July 2006

Toad's First Trip to Duluth




Toad and I had a lovely time in Duluth yesterday. Our fellow travelers included the CT Cousins, Aunts S & A and Cousin JT. We met Aunt M and msquared and spent the day visiting Canal Park, Floodwater Bay in Two Harbors, and M & M's new house in Duluth. The weather was perfect -- hot and sunny with a refreshing breeze off the lake. Toad and I napped in the van while the others burned and swam. We made a trip to the bookstore, of course, and then had dinner at one of our favorite places, Mexican Maya.

Ask Toad his favorite part of the trip and you'll receive a variety of answers: playing on the rocks, the monkey store, watching A Bug's Life in the van.

My favorite part? Being so close to the lake again. It's amazing how the sight of Lake Superior can calm and center me. I carry with me so many wonderful memories of Duluth -- from the times I visited as a kid, to the four years I spent at UMD, to all the times I've returned since to visit with family and friends and to share my love of the lake and its surroundings with Hammer Guy. And now Toad has seen it, too. I hope he will learn to love it as much as HG and I do.

1 comment:

pdxkatie said...

How fun to see Duluth again! Sounds like it was a great trip. I can't wait to get back someday myself and show Big E.