11 May 2006

Toad's Week

Cookbook Recommendation -- great recipes and fun pictures!

It's been another busy week.

Saturday we took Toad to Menards. We picked out bird feeders for my Mother's Day gift and Sunday morning Toad and Hammer Guy saw yellow finches. I have yet to see a bird alight but judging by the diminishing feed and the items left behind, somebody's visiting!

Sunday after I got home from work, Hammer Guy and his friend Kyle brewed the Saucy Fellow ESB. Toad was thrilled to see Kyle and they had a lot to discuss. The brew session went well.

Monday Toad and I went to the SE side of the Cities to visit dear friend "London" (sometimes Toad mixes up her name), who had back surgery last Friday. Toad helped pick out soup, bread, dessert, and flowers at Byerly's and we brought lunch from Chipotle. We had a great time at her "teeny tiny house" and we wish her a speedy recovery! We also visited Grandma & Grandpa B and had a lot of fun exploring the backyard.

T & W were back to normal, but today we're having a sick day after a very rough night (although to put things in perspective, not nearly as rough as many nights in the past). I will go into work after HG gets home.

It's been a rainy, dreary week and today is very cool. Yesterday I wasted two hours at the doctor only to be told that I need to return to the podiatrist, as my foot is not healing as quickly as hoped.

We're looking forward to Mother's Day weekend, especially because I don't have to work. Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful moms in my life. Your advice, inspiration, and encouragement are much appreciated.

No comments: